Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hayden's Toy Drive



I love this time of year! People seem to be friendlier and look for opportunities to help others more than any other time of the year. You might expect that from an adult, but it always takes me back when kids open up their hearts for others and teach us how to live. My 6-year-old nephew Hayden is a great example to me when it comes to giving to others. Hayden was born with a heart condition that required 3 open heart surgeries within his first few weeks of life. He spent his first Christmas at Phoenix Children's Hospital recovering from these life saving surgeries. Through it all the doctors, nurses and staff were so amazing to both Hayden and his parents. Santa even came to visit Christmas morning and brought presents to all of the kids. Although Hayden was just a baby, this moment will never be forgotten by his parents. They told Hayden this story often and that is when he decided that he wanted to start collecting toys for other kids that spent Christmas at the hospital. After telling everyone he met about it, Hayden's Toy Drive was born. This will be his 3rd year collecting toys for the hospital. Last year the hospital said that Hayden collected more toys for them (outside of corporate sponsors) than any other charity. AMAZING!!! Think about the difference one boy can make.

Now, I am asking for your help to make the toy drive even bigger this year. I know that times are tough, which means that even more kids are going to be needing presents this year than ever before. I am not asking for thousands of dollars, I am simply asking that you pick up an extra toy when you are out shopping and you find a sale. They love DVDs, journals, scrapbook items, pajamas, legos, nail polish. I mean some of these are seriously only a couple of dollars. I know that you have a least a couple of dollars to spare.

All donations are tax-deductible! Come on, I know you want to donate! So give me a call at 480-710-0750 to arrange for a time to pick-up toys. Cash donations are also accepted.

Visit Hayden's blog for details! I thank you in advance. Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: