Friday, August 17, 2007

SILVER and GOLD

I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to my wonderful husband. Troy has been in Brazil for the past 2 weeks competing at the Parapan Games. He got 2nd place in the 100m, which he was very disappointed about--although silver is nothing to be disappointed about in my opinion, but he got GOLD in the 200m. It was great talking to him after the race because he was SO excited! He also competed in the 4x400m relay where his team set a new American record!

Anyone that knows Troy knows that he is extremely dedicated to training day in and day out and I am so happy that all that hard work is paying off for him. I try to be supportive, but I know I fall very short of that some days. I am thankful that he continues to train so hard so that he can acheive his dreams. I want him to know how proud I am of him.

One year from now we hope to be sitting in Bejing as he competes at the Paralympics. Just thinking about it makes me fill with excitement. Going to Sydney in 2000 was one of the coolest things we have ever done. Opening Ceremonies was incredible!! One more year of intense training and then he shall reap his reward! Congratulations again, Troy! I love you very much.



3 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

WOW! That's impressive!! I didn't know your husband did this kind of stuff.

Jodi Davis said...

Becky, Troy has been competing since he was 12. He "retired" for about 6 years and then 2 years ago got the itch again. It is in his blood. I don't think that he will ever be able to give it up for good--he now coaches a team in Mesa, which he absolutely loves!

Cassie Simonton said...

Way to go BIG BROTHER!!!! That's so exciting, we are all so proud of him and his accomplishments! I'm sure Troy wished his little family could have been their to cheer him on! To bad I don't work for the AIRLINES anymore, going to CHINA would be AMAZING...chance of a lifetime! Hey I still have 2 yrs...do you think I could work for the airlines from home, waite JD will hopefully be working by then he can BUY me a ticket!!!hahaha