Tuesday, January 20, 2009

26.2

Yep, you read that right--26.2 miles of pure determination. The PF Changs Rock n' Roll Marathon was this past Sunday, but no, I didn't run in it. I know, I know, I just didn't want to have to beat up on Troy and go and embarrass him and the other guys so I stood by and watched from the sidelines. Hey somebody has to be there for moral support and to be the chauffeur so I decided to take the bullet for the team and let them do their thing and race. And it is a good thing because Troy did an amazing job, especially for an old guy. (Just kidding hon, I love you!)

Seriously though, Troy hasn't done a marathon in 10 years, but he still managed to get second place. Not an easy feat for sure. Not only that, he had a great time--2 hours and 37 seconds--not too shabby if you ask me. He qualified for the Boston Marathon with 23 seconds to spare. Competing at the Boston Marathon has been a dream of Troy's and I am very proud of him for accomplishing his goal. His older body definitely didn't like the miles and I don't think Troy has ever been so sore, but that won't stop him from doing it again in a couple of months. Troy is the most dedicated and hard working person that I have ever known. Once he makes up his mind to do something, there is absolutely no stopping him--not even when I get on his case.

I want you to know that I am incredibly proud of you, Troy. I am in awe of your determination. We can all learn from you for sure. Thank you for never giving up!

Here is the start of the race. Adam, Erik and Lamar also competed with Troy and did an amazing job. Congrats on finishing the race boys!





Here's Troy very happy that the race is over. He was so sore that it took him three tries to just get out of his chair, but luckily he finally made it. Congrats, honey. I am proud of you!



I had to add this picture of Lamar finishing the race. Lamar is a quiet guy, but man when the race was over he had the biggest smile across his face and surprisingly enough wants to do another marathon in the future. Are you crazy??? Lamar first sat in a racing chair less than a year ago and now has finished his first marathon. Pretty amazing if you ask me. Congrats, Lamar!

3 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

That's awesome! You guys are so amazing (yes, I mean you to Jodi)!! Good luck on the next one!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great accomplishment. Off to Boston in April huh? Way to go!

Anonymous said...

wow...congrats to Troy. And your last picture of Brooklyn is awesome, i love the light.