Monday, July 28, 2008

When Did My Baby Grow Up???

I can't believe how big my little girl is getting. Today is her first day of school and I am a bit saddened as she starts this new journey in her life. She misses the kindergarten cut-off by a month, but did qualify for a program called Kindersteps, which is basically half-day kindergarten for those kids that barely miss the cut-off. So she is at a "real" school now and is gone every afternoon. Briggy sleeps every afternoon so I will get a few hours to myself everyday. YEAH!!!

Before school today I, of course, had to take a few pictures to document this milestone. She was excited to get her picture taken because she felt SO big. Man, doesn't she just look so old in these pictures? Here is my little beauty...





She was so excited to go to school, but once we got there the nerves kicked in. She looks SO nervous walking down the hallway at school. All of sudden she looked like my baby that I remember, not big enough to be walking down the huge hallways, but once she met her teacher and found her seat in class she went right to work. I wanted to shed a tear, but I was strong :).

2 comments:

Mistie said...

What a big day for our Brooklyn...and her mom! She will love it and get even bigger with each passing day. Enjoy those quiet afternoons, I know I do :o)
Mistie

Jerlyn said...

She looks so grown up. I can't believe she is already in school. She looks absolutely beautiful and I love her hair! So cute! Brooklyn, we love you!